Birth Doula Package - $700
Initial free consultation for a chance to meet in person, answer any questions you may have with no obligation.
Two prenatal meeting to discuss your hopes for your birth, any thoughts or concerns you may have, develop a birth plan, talk through comfort measures and together get to know one another better and process ways in which we can best work together.
Helpful and dependable e-mail, text and phone support to discuss any questions or concerns up through two weeks postpartum.
Access to a lending library that overflows with literature about all things pregnancy, birth, breastfeeding and parenting.
Community referrals and resources to assist you or your partner in pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and newborn care.
Continuous labor support in your home, hospital, birth center. Often support given includes:
- Suggesting different positions & techniques to help ease discomfort and encourage labor progression.
- Offering evidence-based information to help you understand the natural process of labor and birth and assist in making the best decisions for your family.
- Offering encouragement and affirmations.
- Helping facilitate healthy communication between you and your care providers.
- Allowing your partner time to rest if desired.
- Postpartum support for generally one to two hours after your little one is born.
Two postpartum visits in your home to reflect upon your birth, welcome the tinniest, and assist with any concerns you may have.
A typed birth timeline that details the events of your labor and birth of your child.
"Thank you for being present immediately upon request. You were very in tune and helpful, from picking up our bags to back massages and being intimately attached to the experience without being overwhelming." - Jessica N.
Rates & Payment options
- Payment plans available.
- Total balance due by 37 weeks.
- Gift certificates available.
"Jessica was amazing and a great help, both to me and the family." - Connie Perkins (Midwife)
Doulas make a difference
Studies have shown that women who give birth with the support of a doula experience:
- Decreased anxiety and depression
- Increased confidence in their role as a mother
- Increased satisfaction with their partner
- 50% reduction in the cesarean rate
- 25% shorter labor
- 60% reduction in epidural requests40% reduction in oxytocin (pitocin) use and forcep delivery
- Improved breastfeeding experience and success
- Decreased postpartum depression
- A more positive memory of their birth experience
Source: Klaus, Klaus, and Kennell. Mothering the Mother: How a Doula Can Help You Have a Shorter, Easier, and Healthier Birth. 1992.